Sunday, July 8, 2007

Eastside.......



Home to a bunch of surfers, stuff I heard in the lineup and surrounds.......

"Fuck that place, they have no respect for the community!! I told the foreman that if he was going to start working before he was legally entitled to, his workers were going to have a problem leaving for home with waxed windows and flat tires! Total disrespect for the people who live here!" (This guy looked like Micheal Chiklis of "The Shield")

"I sold a house I bought in the late 70's for over a mill, paid less than $100,000 for it then. Now I live on the hill, I'm over the beach scene and all it brings....(laughing)" He still surfed every day.

"I dropped in on my kid and just burned him. Me on my longboard and him on his shortboard, the crowd was checking us out wondering what the result of this would be. I told him that as I had paid his college I got to take the occasional wave off him too, everybody cracked up and we went back to catching waves." Older group of mellow guys going over how their kids are doing............

Good surfing, people ripping their wave apart as if they hadn't gotten decent waves for a month(and they hadn't). Inconsistent? Sure, but the wind ripping the coast for hundreds of miles had no effect on these glassy walls. Home was taking a beating at the time. I'll take this.......

No comments: